New to Philadelphia United Methodist Church?
We Invite You To Make Yourself At Home
Where We're Located
Philadelphia United Methodist Church is located at 1691 Highway 160 West in Fort Mill, SC. We are near I-77, the Baxter Village Community and right beside a QT Gas Station on the corner of Hwy. 160 & Sutton Road.
We will offer two worship services on Sunday mornings at 9:00am & 11am. The 11am is also livestreamed on Facebook and here on our website. At 9:00am, Renew: Praise & Worship Service grounds itself in renewal of awareness of the Holy Spirit’s work. At 11am, a more traditional liturgical service is supported by the Chancel Choir.
Through our main entrance under the portico, our greeters will be wearing name tags and will be happy to help you locate the nursery, children’s classes, rest rooms, etc. If you have questions about the church or want to meet the pastor, let us know! We also have information, like our monthly newsletter, available at the Welcome table. We’re happy to help!
In addition to our Sunday morning offerings, our church hosts a number of services that are related to Christian holy days. Some examples are:
Christmas Eve Ash Wednesday Maundy Thursday
Good Friday Easter Sunrise All Saints Sunday
We offer a nursery for those 6 weeks to 24 months all morning. All children’s and adult Sunday school is offered from 10:00am -10:45am. Children’s classes are for Preschool through 5th grade. We have a youth class for 6th – 12th grade.
Looking for an adult class? We have 4 classes that meet during this hour providing a variety of studies and people for you to meet.
Inside the sanctuary, please sit where you’re most comfortable. We have hearing assistance devices and wheelchair accessible pews. An usher will be happy to help you with any of your needs.
We provide monitors up front with lyrics to the songs we sing, as well as Scripture references. Bulletins are provided at 11am.
WORSHIP SERVICE FORMAT
- We begin each service with a welcome and announcements, followed by a musical prelude and prayer.
- During contemporary worship service, we sing a few opening songs like those you may have heard on the radio.
- At our traditional service, we sing traditional hymns from the United Methodist Hymnal and the children are invited to come to the chancel steps for a children’s sermon.
- Our senior pastor, Pastor David Taylor offers the sermon at all services. On occasion we may have a specially invited guest deliver the sermon.
- We want you to be comfortable coming into God’s house. There is no dress code so you will see a range clothing choices from dresses and suits to jeans and t-shirts.
Still have questions before you come? Interested in learning even more about Philadelphia United Methodist Church or you want to explore membership? Reach out to us! We look forward to seeing you at Philadelphia!